Sunday, January 21, 2018

Three Weeks' Progress

I took some measurements today and contrary to Mr. Six Months' hypothesis, I've made some great gains in the flexibility department in three weeks. My over/under is down from four inches to just one-and-a-half. More importantly, I don't feel like I'm playing a prank on my girlfriend, who is doing the measuring. The first time we measured, I felt like my left arm was locked into place. You know, sometimes you feel like you can reach harder and you're almost there. Not me. I felt like I was frozen in carbonite. In the other direction, I have a solid three-knuckle overlap. There's a joke in there somewhere. Go for it in the comments.

Now on to the sit-n-reach. It's still feeling more like the hunch-n-groan, but I've managed to decrease my deficit from six-n-half inches to four-n-heif. Progress. Still straining. Maybe I should call this the 'indy stiffy' stretch for extra motivation. ('Indy Stiffy' also doesn't have a lewd Urban Dictionary deffinition. I might have to get on that.) Tomorrow, a word on the rampant performance enhancing drug use going on in this competition. With myself.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for the next post, considering the legalization of certain muscle relaxers in your state.

    ReplyDelete